Sunday, January 5, 2014

2013 Favorites

     This past year I have been experimenting with a lot of different make up and a lot of different make up companies. Some I have really enjoyed, even though some of them I didn't think I would, and some of them I haven't liked at all but so far these are the ones that have came out on top of my list for 2013!





  Volum' Express Mascara by Maybelline: Personally I have always loved Maybelline, especially their mascaras. I got this for Christmas and have been using it almost everyday since. I have noticed that my eye lashes have looked thicker and have had less clumps as well as giving it some extra volume. I believe that my mom got this from target for around $5 so it's nice that it also isn't very expensive. I am planning on trying the other mascaras by Maybelline also to see which I like the best because I have herd good things about the other ones as well but this one (and the Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara) is defiantly my favorite to use so far and I highly recommend it! 




      Neutrogena Shine Control Makeup in the shade Nude 40:  As you can see in the picture on the sticker this product is new. I really love it because it doesn't feel oily when I put it on and it doesn't make my face feel greasy throughout the day. Something else that I like about this is that it has an SPF of 20 so I know my face has some sort of protection against the sun without having to put anything else on it. Like almost all of my makeup I bought this at Target.




      Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup: There are actually a lot of things about this product that I actually really like. This is actually a powder but it goes on your skin more like a mousse or liquid foundation and you can feel that it gives your skin instant hydration. It has always been important to me that when I use foundation it doesn't make my skin feel greasy through out the day and I can say that this does a good job at not doing that. It also has tiny little sparkles in it so on a sunny day you can kinda see them on your  face too which is really cool. Personally I have also noticed that it does a good job at hiding my dark circles under my eyes.




     NYC City Duet 2 in 1 Lip Color in shade The Penthouse Plums: I don't tend to wear much if any lip stick but 2013 is the year I decided to get out of my comfort zone and give it a try so I started looking for a good one that I can use for special occasions. I was really happy when I found this lip stick because it has two sides to it and on one side it is a nice dark plum color and the other side is a light matte pink color. I really like this because you can have one lip stick for night and day that stays on very well without having to take a lot of makeup around with you. 





     Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow: The one towards the top of the picture is in the shade Moonlit Jewels and the one towards the bottom is in the shade Not Just Nudes. And as you can see I have already used all of one of the colors. I have always used the more powdery type of eye shadows but I like this one more because it is more of a creme so it stays on a lot better through out the day. I like the nude colors a lot because they go on very nicely when I want to do a smokey type eye and the Moonlit Jewles come in the color of a beigeish/camel color, red, green, and blue. Another nice thing about them is that they are sparkly but not to sparkly so they are perfect for an everyday use or if you want to go out!



      So that is all of my 2013 makeup favorites! If you have tried these products too or want to try them tell me in the comments! I am always looking for new makeup to use so comment your 2013 makeup favorites that I should try as well! Have a great rest of your Sunday evening & stay warm! 


No comments:

Post a Comment