Saturday, January 18, 2014

Fixing the Skin You're in

 Hello Lovelies!

So today I wanted to talk about your skin. It is so important to make sure it is always looking it's best and I just wanted to make a post about the things that I do to take care of mine! I have never had too much struggle when it came to acne but I think part of that has to do with these products that I use. I'm not saying that these products are going to make you have great skin but I had definitely noticed a difference because my skin has looked more glowing and soft after using them.


This is 100% Pure JoJoba Oil that I bought at Trader Joe's. The oil is really good because you can use it for so many different things. You can use it to moisturize your hair, you can put it in a bath, or you can use it to help exfoliate/moisturize your skin. About once a day I mix this with baking soda(a natural exfoliante) and it makes my skin look and feel so soft. 




This is Vitamin E Oil also from Trader Joe's. Vitamin E is really great for your skin. It is like an antioxidant for your skin and helps prevent signs of aging and keeps it soft and young looking, not that I'm all that worried about aging yet. I usually rub a thin layer around my face and let it sink into my skin for around 10-15 minutes after washing it or showering and rinse any excess oil from my face. Its best to use after you have used warm or hot water on your face because then it can really sink into your pores. I have noticed my face looks more alive and glowing after using the oil which is amazing and I just love it!  

 This next product is called Witch Hazel with aloe vera that also was purchased at Trader Joe's. I honestly think it should be like a law or something to have this. It is a life saver when it comes to getting rid of pimples. It is a liquid that you can just put on toilet paper or a cloth and wipe it on your face and neck. It takes away the bad oil in your skin without drying it out. It is also good for the summer time when you get sunburns it helps take away the stinging and helps heal it faster. I recommend buying the one with aloe vera added because aloe vera is also really good for your skin. Also if you are in a hurry and don't have time to wash your face it is perfect for a quick face wash substitute! Anyway buy this ASAP if you don't already own it because it will change your life.



The one on the left is Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser and the second one is Neutrogena Acne Stress Control. I like the first one because I feel like it's just like a basic face cleanser and does a good job at making your face feel clean. The second one I think smells like watermelon so I like using it. But other then that its great at exfoliating and leaves your skin feeling really clean. 


This is the 365 Moisturizing Lotion. Moisturizing is a step that a lot of people don't do or just forget to do but it is really important. If you don't moisturize then the oil levels in your face could get all wacky and cause more pimples later on because your skin is going to try and make more oil to make up for the oil that was lost after washing it. Any moisturizer will work fine but this is just the one I use and it does its job very well.



Other Tips:
-Wash your face 2-3 times a day
-Moisturize 1-2 a day
-Fish Oil is a great pill to take for your skin and hair
-Don't eat too much junk food
-Remove your makeup every night before bed
-Drink a lot of water


No comments:

Post a Comment